Welcome to my Blog, it's an online Version of a Journal as I'm too disorganised to keep a written diary...

Monday, July 10, 2006

Spiritual Life...



Well Iona was a real challenge! We were there with several individuals and a couple of large groups which meant the dynamic was a bit strange! We soon fell in with a large number of Ordinands (Methodists, C of E (Both Evangelical and Anglo Catholic), Presbyterian (Canadian and Scottish) and Evangelical Lutheran (German), which meant that people assumed were were both ordained as well!

I spent a lot of time talking to a Professor of Music, a German Minister, a Canadian Priest, A Methodist Minister and a Church of England Vicar. Strange how Human experience makes you think: So here a few results in from the polls..

Am I as conservative as I thought? no not really.

Am I an evangelical.. No, Sorry no simple scriptural truth for me....

Do I believe in Original Sin, fall and all that? Yes and No, I think I actually believe in Arminianism!

Is Homosexuality wrong? Monogamous, loving and committed relationships are never wrong no matter what and until the Holy Spirit makes a definitive ruling on it I'm going to say that we need to teach Love and Understanding to things that we don't have a clear steer on (Scripture isn't clear and Jesus message is one of Cost and Love) so we should accept all people, try to help them to Christ (I do hope they find out soon that it is something people are Born as it would kill most of the arguments stone dead!) and be prepared to pay any price for our Bothers and Sisters.

So ends the results so far!

It was a truly changing experience, that will take time to mull over... more thoughts as I become able to express them.

My Church, prayer and Bible Reading life is on the Blink again.. I need to find somewhere to go soon, it's slowly driving me mad not having a church.. I'm actually thinking of going to St. Mary's in Haddington (The West Church is out as my mum & dad go there) just to have a Church again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home